Why need a sleeping bag when you are sleeping on a hammock? If you are looking for a warm and comfortable way to sleep on a hammock during camping, a sleeping bag is the best way to do it;
- It takes up less space while on the hammock.
- It is more comfortable and a lot warmer than using a fleece blanket or wool or a camping blanket.
- It is easy to carry and put in order after using it.
If you are now considering investing a sleeping bag that fits you and into your camping hammock, here are the top factors to consider when choosing the right sleeping bag for hammock:
#1: Temperature ratings or Warmth
The temperature rating is a crucial factor when buying a sleeping bag; this is identifying the right insulation that you need to survive a night in the campsite. Firstly, when and where are you planning to go camping? If you are planning to camp out at an outlier area where the temperature seldom drops below 21-degree Celsius (70-degree Fahrenheit), then you need a sleeping bag with the right insulation.
However, the problem with most manufacturers today, they do not provide accurate temperature ratings. So, if you think that the campsite you are heading will be very cold during the night and early morning, for instance -5-degree Celsius (23-degree Fahrenheit), choose a sleeping bag with a temperature rating of -10-degree Celsius (14-degree Fahrenheit).
Usually, most of the sleeping bags are heavy; fortunately, there is a list of the top-quality sleeping bag for hammock that is easy to carry and is light in weight.
Wouldn’t getting a lightweight sleeping bag will leave you freezing at night? Nope.
The best thing about this year’s best sleeping bags for a hammock is how its weight does not affect the temperature rating. In other words, there are light sleeping bags that are designed with the right temperature rating that can keep you warm throughout the camping night, even at its coldest.
There are several types of sleeping bags –mummy, semi-rectangular, and rectangle or quilt type of sleeping bags. So, which type of sleeping bag do you think you can get comfortable with?
- Rectangular or quilt-shaped sleeping bag for hammock – This type of sleeping bag has a bigger room that allows you to easily change your sleeping position, even when sleeping in the hammock. Also, this type of sleeping bag for a hammock is ideal for claustrophobic people.
- Semi-rectangular-shaped sleeping bag for hammock – This type of sleeping bag is a combination of the rectangular or quilt-shaped and mummy-shaped sleeping bag; where the level of comfort is at another level.
- Mummy-shaped sleeping bag for hammock – This type of sleeping bag is designed with a slim cut that will tightly fit your body. Also, it can give you a nice snug comfort.
Choosing the best sleeping bag for a hammock is not easy; however, with posts like this, reliable customer reviews, and buyer’s guide from The Patio Chair’s website today, choosing the best sleeping bag for hammock will be easy.